Sunday 5 June 2011

One for the Dad or Uncle?

I've truly got 'the bug' today, I have made 2 cards both for men in my family.  I have also now realized how to work Blogger in a bit more detail and found the stats button (how great is that?) which has really inspired me to do a bit more...

Not sure how well this card is going to be received, I think the idea in my head for this card was better than it has turned out - which just confirms the fact that I am a much better copier of sketches/layouts/other people than following my own ideas... 

The idea orginated from the lovely work in Craft Stamper magazine when they take some old pages; then cover them with ink and glue, stick it on and, voila, it looks amazing.....  so I went shopping and found some old books, the first I have used is Now We Are Sixty (and a bit) it has poems and some nice illustrations so I thought there could be multiple uses...

I found an appropriate or, possibly inappropriate, prose about a old fella wanting "a page Three scorcher"  which I thought would be good for my Dad or my Uncle - I decided better for my Uncle as I don't want to upset my Mum!!

I ripped the poem out and then inked the edges, I also coloured the image in with the inks as i thought it needed to be a bit more prominent on the card.  I also used another image on the inside, hopefully for a giggle.

The papers used are by Scrappy Cat, border punch is EK Success and the stamp is Personal Impressions.  All inks used are Tim Holtz Distress ones.





I would like to enter to the following challenges:

Creative Inspirations Challenge - Card for Dad
Creative Inspirations Paint - Inspired By: Special Male
Here come the boys blog challenge - Fathers Day/Hubby/Partner
Scrappy Frogs challenge

Thanks for looking - enjoy

4 comments:

  1. I love the distressed edges of the poem! Thanks for playing in our Creative Inspirations Paint challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, love that poem. Thanks for sharing with us at HCTB's challenge
    Teresa xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like saying things with words! Love the poem, thank you for joining in at Here Come The Boys. Woo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL!! Great fun card hun!!
    Thanks for playing at Creative Inspirations this time would love to see you play with us again
    hugs
    laney

    ReplyDelete