Tuesday 21 December 2010

Snow bound

It has been awhile since I last blogged, but being snow bound and on holidays from work, I have had a opportunity to finish the Christmas cards, complete a few scrapbook layouts and Christmas projects.  I still have one important one to start and finish... ugh I could be disappointing a family member..... whoops.

Here are a few pictures of the cards and the project, I will be entering these for a few challenges,

Enjoy

xxxxxxx

Traditional Christmas card - I was using up some cards with pre-cut apertures (I mean holes- is that the correct term?)  I just took the easy approach and stuck some paper into the background used the woodware wreath that I have coloured and glittered.



A close up of the wreath, with the crystals and the half pearls.

Little Donkey


My most favourite image of Christmas, the Little donkey, I found this via the free digi stamps blog, but can't for the life of me remember whose image this is ... but I love it - thank you!

I would also like to l=

 Frosty the Snowman

Again another favourite image,  this is from meljens designs I love her clear and simple style, these have been from her freebie range, as are the Santa coming up and a lovely holly leaf design.

I would like to enter this card into the Scrapbook Sisters challenge 15 which is for non-traditional colours.

21st Century Santa  

 Ditching the traditional colours in favour of someting more modern, this card was sent to my friend whose Christmas colours are always pink, white and silver.... sometimes I can squeeze a bit of purple into her house too!

Another Meljen's design, so cool...


Modern Wreath


Another take on the woodware wreath stamp, using the non-traditional colours, I was particulary pleased with the bow on this card, something of a challenge this year has been to make nice bows.

I would like to enter this card into the Scrapbook Sisters challenge 15 which is for non-traditional colours.

I would also like to enter it into:



Christmas Project


I saw this idea on the ladybug crafts ink blog, and I thought this would make a prefect, personal present for an old family friend, who always joins us for Christmas - I hope she likes, if not I'm sure she'll like the chocolates I will fill the box with.

 Front side which is the only one I have decorated with chipboard christmas shapes, coloured, gloss accented and glittered!

 My attempt at more bows and tying up the sides!

I hope you have enjoyed the posts!

3 comments:

  1. Wow Lou, you've been busy!!! I've given up on the Christmas card front as I don't think they'll get there,going to do new year cards instead. The donkey is by Pink Gem Designs I believe. Have a great Christmas,Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice cards ! thank you for joining us on craftyourpassion challenge's blog. Good luck !

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many lovely cards and a fabulous project.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion :D
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete